- Kaizen-to make better , continuous improvement from the lean manufacturing movement at Toyota
- Kaizen is the way to self-criticized your work then group work
- The agile manifesto is statement of values.
- we value individuals and their view first over processes
- Agile is about values not rules and rigid adherence process
- Agile is about embracing change
- Agile Methods XP [Past], SCRUM [Present] , Kanban [future] .
- Kanban focus on visualization and raw materials
- Kanban is Japanese word for "signal card" .Kaizen promotes continuous improvement
- Kanban is about flow. Communication is about flow. Change is built into model .
- In Kanban organize a queue. Limit Work in Progress (WIP) for each queue. There is no Sprints.
Core Practices in KanBan
- Define and visualize the workflow
- Limit work in progress
- Measure and Manage flow
- Make Process Policies Explicit
- Use Models to suggest improvement
Building Kanban Process
- Define a Process Flow
- Identify queues
- Visualize it on board
- Set your first work in progress limits
- First time you may have to guess
- Break down each item to about the same size
- Pull the first items through the system
- Define how long it takes to pull an item through the system
- Establish a delivery cadence
- Establish regular meetings/reviews
- Constantly improve your process
- Daily meeting facing the board to evaluate your flow
- Continue to tweak the WIP limits and queue
- Formalize the improvement process
I hope this quick post is useful to you. Thanks for reading.Follow @debug_mode