Some features of TypeScript include:
- Static typing
- Encapsulation using the classes and the modules
- Constructors, properties and functions supports
- You can define interface
- Lambda support Lambda support
- Syntax checking
- Type annotations
- Static or dynamic loading of module contents
TypeScript can be summarized in the following points:
- TypeScript syntax are the superset of ECMASCRIPT 5 syntax.
- TypeScript does not reorder the variable declaration
- TypeScript syntax includes various proposed features of ECMASCRIPT 6
- TypeScript complies with module codes generation which can by loaded statically or dynamically.
- TypeScript works with type inference
This post will help you to get started with TypeScript, setting up the environment for TypeScript development in the Visual Studio and Sublime Text. At the end of the post we will create a simple TypeScript program in Visual Studio.