In this article, I will explain
1. What is WebServiceHost Factory class?
2. What is its function?
3. Where to use it?
4. One sample on hosting WCF REST Service using WebServiceHost.
What is WebServiceHost factory?
1. This is useful to host WCF REST End points.
2. This is derived from ServiceHost.
3. WebServiceHost has some extra functionality.
4. WebServiceHost works exactly the same way ServiceHost works.
WebServiceHost factory perform following special task
Where to use it?
How to choose between ServiceHost and WebServiceHost?
In this example, I will show you step by step, how we can create a REST Service and host it in a console application using WebServiceHost factory.
To see the complete step by step walkthrough , follow my below article.
I hope this post was useful. Thanks for reading. Happy coding.