In Build couple of interesting stuff on Windows Azure got announced. They are as below,
Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows 8
It helps to create Metro style applications that may harness capability of Windows Azure . This toolkit contains
- Application creation guidance
- Tooling support for Visual studio project template
- Code as reusable service and libraries
- HTML 5
Windows Azure SDK 1.5
Windows Azure SDK 1.5 is having updates as below,
- New Emulator for better adherence between local and cloud development
- Ability to upload service certificate to csupload.exe
- Enhance Windows Azure tools for development and debugging
- ASP.Net MVC 3.0 web roles
- Multiple service configurations in one cloud project
- Improved Windows Azure package to catch common errors
Windows Azure Storage
Updated version is having below features
- Geo replication for Azure table and BLOB. This will replicate data between two locations.
- New version of REST API to enable functionality improvements for Windows azure Blob, Tables and Queues
Windows Azure Management API
Updated Windows Azure Management API having features as below
- Ability to roll back in progress configuration updates.
- Ability to roll back in progress service updates.
- Ability to perform multiple writes operation on ongoing deployment.
- . More descriptive status for role instances
- New API method : Get Subscription
Windows Azure Marketplace
- New Windows Azure Marketplace would be available in 25 different countries
- Microsoft Translator API will be available through Market Place
- Translator can translate in 35 different languages.
- Improved pub/sub messaging by new features Queues
- Improved pub/sub messaging by new features Topics
- Improved pub/sub messaging by new features Subscriptions
- Improved pub/sub messaging by new features Rules
- Asynchronous cloud eventing
- Event driven Service Oriented architecture
- Advanced intra app messaging
Enjoy new Windows Azure features.
I hope this post was useful. Thanks for reading J If you find my blogs useful you may like to follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/debug_mode or may like Facebook page of this blog http://www.facebook.com/DebugMode.Net
If you want to see post on a particular topic please do write on FB page or tweet me about that, I would love to help you.Follow @debug_mode